Stolen Equipment!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chad@LebanonTurf, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Chad@LebanonTurf

Chad@LebanonTurf Inactive

Please be on the lookout for a practically new Snapper Utility vehicle (similar to the Gator by John Deere.) This piece of equipment was stolen from me this week along with two blowers and a Stihl Stick edger while we worked on the property. This took place in the Charlotte, NC area. Please contact me or the police should you have anyone try to sell you this equipment, especially the utility vehicle.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

hope that you can find him/her/they that take it.

We have been lucky enough (knock on wood), that we have never had anything stolen.
  3. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

:( Sorry to hear that. I am picking up my new dog this weekend (Boxer). I am sending her to obedience training this winter and she'll be on the truck in the spring. I have been staulked by people who appear to be casing my equipment. I am putting her in the back of the truck for security. I will have to cover part of the bed but so be it. It beats getting my stuff taken. :angry:
  4. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

The week befor last, my Sthil trimmer walked off while I was at a customers property. I bet from here on out I lock my stuff down.
  5. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

yup i have had many things taken.trimmers and backpack blowers seem to be HOT items.trailers and belt drive W/Bs are in second place.
  6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I havent had anything stolen yet, but reading some of the horror stories about stolen equipment on this site propted me to put locks on everything. Hitch, receiver, a couple of cable locks for everything else.
  7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I was one of those "Itll never happen to me" guys, until it did. Lost 2 BP blowers and a hedgetrimmer. Lucky for insurance, but it still is a rotten, sinking feeling.
  8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Well It will never happen to me!!!!]

Any ways I hope not. I try to lock. but get in ahurry sometimes.

sorry to hear of your losses. please accept my condolences and if you find out who did it.

9. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i said that same line for years

It will never happen to me!!!

you can have the best security in the world,but if someone wants something you got trust me there going to get it know matter what.had this happen more than once