1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen Gas & I wanna give them another 5 gal.

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by C Jovingo Landscaping, Sep 3, 2012.

1. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

Just had to say, I'm inspired by all these wonderful suggestions & headed outside to mix up a little concoction myself. Thanks! How else can you pay $10 for such satisfaction & who knew that having a gas can stolen could bring so much heart-felt joy?

2. adam.neusbaum

Sure hope they go for it. Not sure if I used enough fuel in my mixture. Was already a diesel can that had some DIESEL 911 residue leftover. Maybe they'll think that there's just an additive to the gasoline, they could say that again.

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea this is the good stuff on LS, Tainted gas, round up ice cubes and coat hangers. I love learning new things.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

What do coat hangers do?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TriCountyLawn

Run em over with mower and you tell me

6. adam.neusbaum

Im not going to go out & look for trouble in any sense only if it comes by my way & needs addressing otherwise im just as trashy & I wouldn't expect the trashy types to be hanging around Lawnsite.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Just chops em up in little pieces...I've hit dog cables, chains and other wire...just digest it and spits it out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TriCountyLawn

Man lucky you, while I have had a few things spit out that I never imagined would have. I hit a long long long dog run cable that fell down once. A mess. The worse was like a 3' steel cable with loops on each end. Got wrapped up in there big time and threw the deck belt. :hammerhead:

9. adam.neusbaum

Once I cut a 20" circle from industrial grade expanded metal & welded to the Dixie Chopper Magic Mulcher which attaches to the blade. At about 2700 r.pm.s the steel stretched & come to a screeching stop. Oops! Scratched the whole idea of having a moving/mulching deck ceiling.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

I got my hedge trimmers chainsaws and my straight gas can stolen last week (they left the mixed gas). I have filled up an old gas can with gas, bleach, and water and set it next to my mixed gas or near my trailer every night. I feel like I'm fishing waiting for a good catch!