Stolen Gas

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Greenlandscaping, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Greenlandscaping

Greenlandscaping LawnSite Member

To start off im 13 i have a toyota tacoma v6 i bought it with my brother used its a great truck last night i filled it up 3/4ths of the way full nobody drove it last night. When i went to hook up today to do a mulch job it had 1/4th of the gas left and the meter moved last night when we filled it up. I dont have cameras on my shop yet it all just locked up but idk what to do tell me what to do i will report it tommorw to the police.:confused:

2. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

absolutely nothing you can do. if you dont have them on camera forget about it.

3. mayorofperryville

mayorofperryville LawnSite Member

put an old gas can with sugar gas mix in the back and hope the thief's take it then you will find out who stole your gas. They will break down and it will probably be someone you know. Are you sure the tank sending unit isn't going bad?

4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

put 4 gallons of water and a gallon of gas in a can in the back of your truck, the fuel will float on the water and make them think it's full of fuel....that'll teach 'em

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Locking gas cap?

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

On the news here a guy had a lockable gas cap and they drilled a hole in his tank and took a full tank

7. mayorofperryville

mayorofperryville LawnSite Member

locking gas caps are o.k. but wont deter someone if they know how to get around then. had one pryed off the neck of my 67 chevy truck and had to buy a whole new tank from the damage. the water gas idea seems good as long as you mark it somehow so you or your brother don't accidentally use it.

8. Greenlandscaping

Dont make them for it

9. Greenlandscaping

I know and im just ordered the cameras for the shop like a week ago

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Your 13? How can you own & drive a vehicle?