Stolen -- Help Requested

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by georgef853, Apr 30, 2002.

1. georgef853

georgef853 LawnSite Member

A Walker Model MTGHS26A mower with large container, headlights, & arm rests that was stolen from 131 Driftwood Circle, Aiken, SC 29801 between 8:00 am and 1:30 pm on Thursday, April 25, 2002. The following data is applicable:

Model MTGHS26A
    Serial number 2000-48770
    Engine Model CH26S
    Engine S/N 3010109571
    Gear Axle S/N Rt 071770
    Lt 071776

Hours 80-90 hrs

Other noted details: Recently changes gas line in tank and the exterial gas filter. Used screw clamps to reassemble until could get correct type from dealer.

Also stolen:

Green Landscape trailer, 6x12, Sold by Lazars in Augusta, Ga., ramp on back & ramp on front right side.

Trailer had a yellow Huskie brand contractors box mounted on front in the bed. 2x2x4

Also had a Jungle Jim trimmer rack and & blower rack.

Numerous Stihl products:
    2 trimmers
    1 edger
    1 blower
    1 hedge trimmer
    1 saw – Farm Boss – like new
    1 hedge trimmer access & 1 saw access for 85 series trimmer.

Misc hand tools

Total replacement cost $16,700

Please advise Det. Keith Glover of the Aiken City Police @ 803 642-7620, Aiken, SC if found. Appears insurance will not cover loss. Your assistance is appreciated.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully it will show up somewhere. Try notifying local mower shops, pawn shops, etc.

Were there signs of forced entry? Most contractors equipment insurance will cover this if there are signs of forced entry to the garage. What type/brand of insurance did you have? (Or did NOT have?)

Good Luck!

Keep your fingers crossed!

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

wow, that sucks. ill keep my eye out, but i doubt theyd come all the way up to CT. maybe someone on this site will notice it somewhere. That really sucks how some people can do something like that.

4. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of insurance do you have that WON'T cover STOLEN items? Why do we pay HIGH insurance rates if they won't cover our losses? I have my insurance with State Farm and have NEVER had a problem getting money from anything stolen or an accident.

Good Luck,
    Mowman

5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

George, you're in Gatewood aren't you? I drive by your place every week. I know the setup. I will definitely keep my eyes opened for it, becuase I know exactly what it looks like. You might try sending this to shops in Aiken and surrounding areas, like Augusta, Bamberg, Barnwell, etc.

Also, call Everett Davenport, he's an LCO in Gatewood, owns Clean Sweep Lawn Care, 644-6779. He's likely to see it if it's still in Aiken, as I'm sure he knows what it looks like. Plus I think he does some work out east of Aiken too, almost 30 minutes away, if I'm remembering right.

Would your homeowner's insurance not cover it?
    I'll let you know if I see your rig.

Now that I think about it, I'll be by there tomorrow between 10-12. I'll stop in to see if you're there.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Man, would I LOVE to see this stuff turn up!:mad: That is the WORST, to take a man's livelyhood away from him! We'll be praying!

7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

i would contact as many shops as well as pawn shops as you can and give them the serials i worked for a guy about 15 yrs ago that bought a blower from a rental place and when he put it in the shop the prev owner had a piece of paper under the case with his info on it when the shop found it they called us and said it was a stolen blower and was returned to actual owner most repair and pawn shops in fl have a database with serial#s to detect stolen items good luck

8. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

watch ebay

9. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry to hear that someone ripped off your way of making a living. i doubt your stuff would make it this far west but who knows. we'll keep an eye out this way.

one thing you gotta love about this board, people in your area know your stuff and they can be an extra pair of eyes.