Stolen Igloo cooler

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Tharrell, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

My brand new 3 gallon Igloo cooler was stolen yesterday. It's the yellow with red top model.
    It was the only thing in the bed of the truck that wasn't locked down. I was looking to get a mount for it, oh well.
    I was looking at some prospective work that's out of my area (Boone, NC).
    I saw someone near my truck while I was there and a little voice went off in my head but I was so into this prospective job that I didn't heed the voice.
    I saw a young guy with a crappy 80's model s-10 with a bunch of homeowner junk and ramps in the back.
    Good thing I was just prospecting and not sweating my a$$ off mowing. I would have really needed that cooler.
    Oh well, another stolen item I'll probably never see again, except all the ones in landscapers trucks/trailers. Next one I get, I'm going to scratch or burn my name into it.
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

If you get a new one, get a can of paint and make it look ugly and nasty, maybe they will be scared of it lol, maybe even label it poison or something...wait.....dont do that.....some idiot may think its weed killer and steal it for that

UBRKIFIX LawnSite Member

Tharrell thats raw just goes to show u even the best crimmals get trusty/what was in it mountain water lol sorry dude go see your dealer ask for water ins. its cheap......
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

paint it pink! an excavator I know has all pink shovels, rakes, tools. No one will steal a pink tool.
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

that's a novel idea.
  6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy that kept borrowing his girl friends Harley Davidson motor bike, she was getting pretty annoyed so she painted it pink, there has been no problems since. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

A contractor I used to work for painted all his tools yellow to indentify them.
  8. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I'll keep an eye out and if I see it I will be sure to tell you.:laugh:
  9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen plenty of contractors with orange, blue, etc. but it takes a brave man to paint them pink. lol