1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen In CT

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by slc12345, Feb 23, 2009.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I have been hearing alot in CT also. I will stab you if you try to steal from me or I will take my bat and hide you in a fill job.

2. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

I will keep my eyes open on the ct shoreline for anyone selling anything. You never know

3. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I notice with my old boss we had some kids that stole and its usually the drug losers from the valley. One left a sandle behind and we knew the kid that always wears sandles.

Then we had one that stole a street bike from a worker and we were in a truck and saw the kid riding it and we chased him and the cops caught him, LOL. Talk about luck.

Its usually someone that is a big company or had bad workers or someone that knows you.

Most I hear are from the valley, most are poor, and do drugs.

4. RidGFieLdPoWERMeChanIx

RidGFieLdPoWERMeChanIx LawnSite Member

call you state dealers and give them S/N ya i just heard Tilcon just got one of its 18 weelers stolen off the side of the road

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  5. slc12345

slc12345 LawnSite Member

Yeah, most of the ser. #'s have been given to the police, I know most likely we are not going to see anything but maybe something will come up. In our area guys have been getting hit with lots of thefts over 5 companies in town have had equipment or trucks stolen and lots of stuff has broken trying to steal trucks and larger equipment, think with the economy it is just going to get worse. Thankyou for keeping your eyes out.

6. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

It all over the place. I here about a robberies a least every other week by me. We are a hot topic right now due to easy pickens. Ive been robbed twice my advise to you is one guy in the front at all times while someone is in the back or buy a gun and get your ccw. I did or a big dog for your yard. (i bought a english mastiff). Whatch your stuff like it gold!

7. robct

robct LawnSite Member
    from ct

In CT, Fairfield County though ill keep an eye out

8. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

he never came back..

9. G&G Maintenace

G&G Maintenace LawnSite Member

I know, I wonder if he had any luck recovering his equipment or if they caught the guy that did it.

10. 04f250

04f250 LawnSite Member

One of my good friends had a couple blowers and trimmers stolen this past fall along with the new bagger off his walk behind. Left the trailer hooked to the truck outside for 2hours and comes back to half his stuff missing.