Stolen Landscape Trailer - ATL, GA

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Champion31, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Champion31

Champion31 LawnSite Member

Yeah, I agree that it seems sketchy. He chained up his dogs and we went back there and talked to him and walked around. He got a lot of the things in the back running and he was selling them.

I always do wonder about someone with such a vast amount of used equipment.

I could not see or find any of my equipment or the mower that you listed there.

Thanks for your help though. We're still looking for our equipment.

2. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for looking for me. I'll spread the word to other folks that work that area to look out for your mower.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Not saying the man is an angel, but I do believe it is possible the fact you were
    pretending put him on the defensive, why he gave you the answers he did.

Some folks can see right through that, no matter how well put up, and if I saw
    someone come up to me and thought they were pretending it would put me on
    high alert... Not because I think they suspect me of something, but because I'm
    wondering what are they after!
    And more than likely they'd get short answers and the kind of answers that
    don't come across as much other than "gtfo", basically.

So now I'm not perfect either and I'm not judging, but I thought I'd mention it.

4. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

Possible. But, I was in fact needing to buy another chainsaw and push mower....so he lost that sale because he was aloof . If you saw his set up and some of his ads you will see that a lot of times he will only sell the whole package( the trailer, mower, trimmers, etc...)........he does not like to seperate.............which makes me wonder..........you'd think he would want a sale regardless. Maybe his financial model is set up that way.......I don't know but I ended up buying a chainsaw and mower elsewhere.Again, he's probably legit for the most part, but I got crap service when I was there.

5. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

same here, but luckly only lost several blowers, not my entire rigs..