Stolen Mower!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOturkey, Jul 22, 2006.

1. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

My daughter, who lives at Springfield, emailed me a while ago and said a guy they go to church with had his Bad Boy mower stolen last night. Someone pulled into his yard about 4:30, hooked up the trailer, and took off. He woke up, but couldn't get outside before they got away. Don't know if they got additional equipment as well, but more than likely they did.

I keep my rig parked in my garage, but have a hitch lock I use if for some reason I leave it outside. Mine is Gorilla brand, I think, and surrounds the whole end of the hitch with a pin that goes into the space where the ball goes. Don't see how anyone could ever get it off without a torch, or drill, and then I think it would take some serious time to do so.

Just wondering how many of you leave a trailer parked with no deterrent in place to prevent someone from hitching up and running? My buddy I used to work for some lives in a rural area and has been leaving his Encore like this for 5 years. I can't believe no one has made off with it yet.