Stolen Mowers and Trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CuttinUP, Jul 28, 2007.

1. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

A guy in the neighborhood that also does lawn care had his trailer with mowers stolen last weekend from beside his garage. Trailer was I think a single axle 6x12 with trimmer racks welded on the front with blower rack on the right and water jug holder on the left. His mowers, a 48in. Lesco WB with a home made OCDC, A Scag 48in. Tiger Cub and a Lawn boy push mower. If any one sees this stuff out working or trying to sell it call the police!! The owners name is Paul Lustig. Thanks guys!

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, I am sooo sorry to hear this. I know I would be :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ing for weeks if that happened to me...and so would my bank...

Anyway, hopefully someone can catch the scumbags that did this.

3. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

In another thread some mentioned these things, they are amazing I wish I knew how much they cost.

http://www.lojack.com/

4. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

What all security measures did he have in place on his trailer? I park a couple trailers (landscape dump trailer and jet-ski) on a slab beside my garage. The jet-ski trailer is usually in front of the gooseneck and is readily accessible. I do have a lock through the hitch latch. I have been considering boring into the concrete to install some hardware to secure high grade chain to the trailer frames. Just curious what the basta*ds had to do to get the trailer. Hope everything works out for him....that sucks big time!

5. CuttinUP

I hope that they are stupid enough to go out and work with all of it and some one sees them and busts their a$$. And they better hope some one else catches them before Paul sees them, because it won't be pretty.

Another LCO that I was talking too yesterday said that alot of equipment has been stolen lately. I keep my stuff locked all the time, but even then thats not a guarantee that they won't take it.

6. CuttinUP

He just had a hitch pin lock on it. I lock up my stuff a little better then that, but if they want it they will take it.

7. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

Make sure you have good insurance and lock down everything. I have a lock for my trailer, gas tanks, blower and trimmers.

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, sometime I want to take a look at your trimmer racks. My Trimmer Trap is OK, but I am starting to think maybe I would like the Xtreme rack better.

9. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

Ouch. You never can be too careful these days. You can lock all of your stuff down. And sometimes that's not enough. I'm not sure what your situation is as far as business goes, but maybe you could help him out; let him work for you (if he is willing) and that way you would be helping him get back on his feet. Just a thought.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Do people really do this - leave their trailers full of mowers and equipment parked outside in the open?
    There is a guy around here that recently lost a trailer full of stuff from - dig his....an apartment complex parking lot where he lived. I guess they weren't even home at the tie, and he just left the stuff parked out there. HeLLLOO!!