stolen mowers

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kf4pbm, Oct 6, 2007.

1. kf4pbm

kf4pbm LawnSite Member
    from FL

i had 2 exmarks stolen this week. my lazer z xs and turf tracer hp. if any of the exmark guys see this, the lazer is under warranty and i was wondering if i can give you the serial so that if it goes to a dealership for work the serial will show that it has been stolen. just wondering if that is possible. thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

kf4pbm,

Sorry to hear about your equipment getting ripped off. I think there is a database that you can enter your unit's information, and if they turn up dealers will automatically know it's stolen. I'll do some checking around to find more information. Hopefully some of the other posters will be able to chime in and help you out.

Casey

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure about a database for dealers, but if you reported it missing to the police it goes in a national database of stolen items. also check ebay and if you see any like it, act like you are interested and ask for the serial number so you can "find the service history", the year of the mower if they are unsure, or something like that.

4. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah in the police report, you should have given them the serials on them, they'll put them in the computer, and if they show up in pawns or anywhere, they'll find the guy and prosecute.

5. kf4pbm

kf4pbm LawnSite Member
    from FL

yea. the police have the serials for the mowers and i knew about the nat'l database for stolen merchandise. i was just wondering if exmark had a list that they could put it on if it showed up for service. i'm all to familiar with stolen goods unfortunately. ive hade over $4000 in guns stolen this year.

6. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

this had been a bad year for theft. i got like $3000 in fly fishing gear stolen and my ipod. i hate guys that steal.....

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope it turns out well in the end.

8. kf4pbm

kf4pbm LawnSite Member
    from FL

yea i hope it works out too. ive got my insurance company working on getting me some money to replace the items, but since ive only had my lazer for a month i havent had time to up my policy to cover it. i guess i'll find out tomorrow the outcome of my claim.

9. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

kf4pbm,

If you get me the serial number and model number of the items stolen, I can have service put that information into our system. If anyone would attempt to have warranty work done, the dealer should realize the unit(s) is/are stolen.

Casey

10. kf4pbm

kf4pbm LawnSite Member
    from FL

lxs25kd605

tt4817kac