Stolen plant material!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by leeslawncare, Jun 22, 2001.

1. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you guys have had plants stolen from a job site?After they were installed?I had 2 of the 6 dwarf albertas taken out of the ground 2 weeks after the job was done!! Had to get new ones (at the ownersa expense an replant.Has this ever happened to you?

2. greens1

greens1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have not had anything stolen, yet. On a city job, however, someone stole nearly $5,000.00 worth of planting material after it was installed. This was a big job covering nearly 3 acres of beds that had been redone along a walkway. Large Spirea, Hemlock, Rhodos, and Linden is just some of what they stole.

It was like they had a shopping list and were picking up the material. Also quite a few of the nurserys in my area have had planting material stolen.

Jim L

3. Besides funding,reckless drivers, stolen plant material for our state freeways and highways are CalTrans(Califonia Department of Transportation) third biggest. The on ramp that I take everyday, just was re-landscaped. Last weekend, they stole 7 trees. I don't know what type they were, just noticed the crappy irrigation install.

John

4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

It doesn't happen very often, but yes, we've had it happen. It is very frustrating.

5. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

8-10 years ago in Basley Queens, Brooklyn this houseing project area as soon as you walked away there was someone pulling them out, bad area,,,
    some would hang out there bottom 1st floor window and pull them into there apartment. I seen them pull in 50' orange safety fencing also.
    I was working for someone at that time,
    Bad part about it was everyting needed to be inspected by a the housing authority inspector.
    Im sure it still goes on today there
    I dont live there,, I just was traveled back and forth each day.
    havnt had no problems here, but It happens unfortunatly