Stolen Stihl Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grn Mtn, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Last night my trailer was robbed, a Stihl km110r with line trimmer head, serial #262821361, a Stihl bg85 handheld blower serial #48875508, and a Stihl FS85r line trimmer serial #49247013. :angry:

Not like there is a fat chance in hell one of you will ever come across these pieces, but....
  2. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

Hey man i'm in rochester too so if i see anything i'll let you know. chances r pretty bad though. good luck
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

yes I do realize the equipment is GONE, however taking the two minutes to just put the word out can't hurt.
  4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

It increases those odds by a little bit, so it dont hurt to try.
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

why would anybody steal a stihl?
  6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

check the pawn shops
  7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I had this happen 3 yrs ago.

Thank god for ERIE INSURANCE GROUP!

They replaced everything, instantly.
  8. The Good Earth

The Good Earth LawnSite Member

I have found a few things of mine and others on ebay. Some people are pretty stupid. Not like you can part out a trimmer or blower. Do a search every few days on ebay. If it turns up send the fellow an e-mail and tell him you would like to take a peak at it 'cause you are new at this and really don't know what you are buying. Take a buddy with you and when you get there, if the equipment is yours, beat the living $hit out of him. Beat him like he has never been beaten before. What is he gonna do? Call the law?

Trust me, it works. I got 2 Shindaiwa trimmers back that way. Crack head had blood coming from his nose, ears and mouth. Funny thing is I have never had one person even look at my stuff again.
  9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

LMAO. A crackhead will steal anything for a few hundread. :realmad:
  10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

check EBAY