STOLEN: Stihl FS100RX

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnmaniac883, Aug 7, 2006.

1. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Well it happened today fellas. I shoulda been smarter than I was because I saw a two guy with trailer operation drive by eyeying my stuff. Yup get back to truck and no trimmer. Great well I am screwed now aint got the time for this sh!TT! That enclosed trailer is looking better especially right now. Keep an eye out you fla guys, this trimmer should have a half torn royal edge and mow sticker on the shaft as well as one screw missing from the carb screws that hold that puppy together. This sucks.

2. lawnmaniac883

Well, 400 dollars later I now have a fs130r to take the place of my 100rx. Im liking the new trimmer although it was completely unneccessary to have to buy.

BTW I am very sure that the person whole stole the trimmer was another LCO, saw a company driving around REALL SLOWW, saw them twice before I went to the back yard. Boy if I see that guy again you better believe he will get a trailer hitch to the friggin face. I think the time I lost getting a new one was more valuable than that trimmer though, took me about 4 hours until I was back mowing. Hope that doesnt happen again...

3. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

That truly S**ks especialy if it was another LCO.

4. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

u saw them drive by twice slow and didnt take any precautions ...... not that you are to blame but you could have prevented it easily

and 99% of the time i believe it is another LCO that steals the equipment unless u in the dirty ghetto an avg person will think its a $100 new weedwacker an they will get $25-50 for it a landcsaper knows its a $400 piece of equipment

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Did you file a police report? I have on all my thefts in case they end up at a pawn shop some day, but never any luck with that anyway.

PS a half ripped quality mowers or brettle tag is better that a half ripped royal f-up tag.

6. lawnmaniac883

Yes, once was when they were pulling away from their lawn they just finished goin reel slow then they went reel slow after turning onto the main street, I figured they were looking for a new accnt or something. Then they drove going the same way down the main street again, though nothing of it :hammerhead: . Talked to another LCO that I though stole it because his truck/mower setup looked somewhat similar but he def. didnt. Guy was nice as hell, even let me search his truck and trailer to ease my mind. Said he had a blower and a few trimmers stolen within the last year only thing that works is locks and lots of them I suppose. Priced out an enclosed trailer right after it happened, 5k for a 7x16. I figure a few more stolen things would pay for that by themselves. I know the house that they pulled away from so one monday morning when they stop by there they will be getting a little visit :angry: :angry: :mad: :mad:

They must have been driving by until they saw I was in the backyard. Unbelievable what people will do these days. Thanks for the input fellas.

7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a trimmer trap and a master lock.

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I don't mean to rub salt in your wounds because I had a bunch of stuff stolen last year myself. You need some TrimmerTraps and a Master lock like what was posted. I had them but I took a shortcut through my backyard and caust a steel cable and bent them. My trimmers were unlocked for one night and then gone.
    That money you spent on a new trimmer would have bought the TT and a lot more. Hope you find the dirty bastards.

9. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about the trimmer man.How do you like the extra cc's on the Fs-130 compared to the Fs-100? I've got a 100 seems to have plenty of power. Just currious