Stolen Truck

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by blakescape, Jul 9, 2012.

1. blakescape

blakescape LawnSite Member

Well now I know it's only good if you have full coverage. I talked with another insurance company about their inland marine insurance. I took pictures of the rest of the handheld equipment I have and sent that to the agent along with the retail price of each. This policy will cover all cause of loss and will be full replacement coverage.
    Also, I'm going to start painting my handheld equipment a unique color.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

pretty much what i figured would happened, atleast you got the truck back.
  3. morningdewlawnservice

morningdewlawnservice LawnSite Member

I live in Reston and will keep an eye out..Yea I just had some ahole break into my trailor and take 2 blowers, 2 trimmers, 2 gas cans and even 1 bag of old fert I still had.
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

And if the bastards can wiggle out of not paying they will in a heartbeat..."oops you are 51 miles from shop, you were outside of your 50 mile radius when the thef occurred, but we have this add-on policy that will cover you next time."
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I am glad this turned out well. we have commercial insurance on our shop, were robbed recently and insurance covered it 100% after the deductable. new replacement cost.

I am happy but surprised you got the truck back. I would have assumed it was chopped or sold hot. who checks VIN numbers verses what the title says anyway?
  6. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

i live near merrifield..I will keep an eye out for it. Sorry again for your loss