Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdh, May 8, 2001.

1. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

got my pole barn broke in to
    they got it all except the graet dane ran out of gas when it was parked that my be the reasone its not gone .
    any way the 36"snapper with jungle wheels ,bacck pack blower ,
    weed eater ,and 21"lawnboy is gone i talked to the insurance man today and gave them the police reports they told me a adjuster woul;d call today that didnt happen.has this happend to any of you guys and how long till i see some insurance money ?i need that stuff replaced fast before i loose my customers.
  2. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

I know how you feel and it's a bad feeling. I'm afraid to leave anything unchained and unpadlocked any more. You may or may not remember but the same thing happened to me in March. They got 3 chainsaws and leaf blower. I reported it on Friday evening to the police and called my agent to tell him what happened. I got estimates on Sat and turned them in on Mon. They told me an adjustor would call within 48 hours. It didn't happen. Finally got a call on Wed after numerous call to the agent. I finally got a check on Friday after even more calls. I was busy with clean-ups at the time and needed some stuff. I had replacement cost but they deducted 10% for depreciation. They said replace the stuff and if it cost more than the first check they gave me, they would make up the difference. I didn't replace with the exact same stuff, so with some shopping around I did OK. I also had a $500 deductible.

Hey this spell checker thing works!
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Sorry to hear about this. It has happened to me too. They broke into my enclosed trailer and got all my small power tools, trimmers, chain saw, ect.

It's a real bummer to have it happen to you.
  4. rdh

thanks greatfull11 I was thinking weeks and months I fell a little better now I was getting stressed out.geuss. I have to call the insurance man tomorrow and stay on them.any way thanks for your reply.
  5. rdh

eric the police asked if there was a way to tell mine apart from the rest of them and i couldnt think of any thing and then it hit me i have dbl. blades no one else uses this around here and if i talk to a lawn care owner they think dbl blades are crasy of coarse the never even tryed them .
  6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Do you have the serial numbers of the mower? If not, call your dealer, they will have a record of this. This is what I did when they got my stuff, but I have them in the computer now. :)

Good luck, keep on the insurance company.
  7. rdh

yes I did give them the #s they just asked for another way to identify dbl, blades thanks for the replys
  8. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

sorry to hear that your stuff was stolen. You wonder what the World is coming too. There is a lawn service here in town that got his z stolen off the trailer while he was in the backyard the other week. I try to be carefull but it is hard sometimes when your in a hurry. I think it is all over though. What kind of insurance will cover your equipment?
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

you ask about insurance. mine was alstate and probably took about a wk and half.sounds like you handled it better than i.
    for a while i probably would have killed the thief , had he come back after the breakin for a second helpin.sounds like fate had ahand in the case of your ztr. luck an all
  10. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I had my 3 month old Toro's stolen in 1995 I lost my large accts because of it and had to get a regular job. I was in the process of finding insurance. I still owed money on the new mowers got that paid in 96 now I am slowly coming back.;)