stolen

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by anj, Jun 16, 2006.

1. anj

anj LawnSite Member

Today I Got A Taste Of Thieves. $1900 Of My Equipment Was Taken Off My Trailer As I Mowed And My Employee Was Weed Eating In The Back Of A House. Funny Thing Is I Saw The Guy Standing Near My Trailer And Didnt Even Go To See What Was Going On. They Didnt Take Any Of The Mowers I Had Left On The Trailer,but They Got My Fs85 Sthil Weed Weed Eater, 550 Blower, 320 Blower, Km110 Split Boom. Theses Items I Just Bought This Winter And I Did Not Have Them Insured. Just Had Not Thought To Add Them To My Policy. First Thing Monday Everthing I Had To Buy Today Will Be Added To My Policy.

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, a sudden breakout of theft lately. Whats going on here?

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

This is why Vans and SUVS are great. Lock your stuff up out of the hands of the crooks and the rain.

4. anj

anj LawnSite Member

I Was Trying To Wait To Next Year To Get An Enclosed Trailer But That My Happen Sooner Now. I Used To Lock My Stuff All The Time I Guess I For Got I Didnt Have Any Of My To Cycle Items Insured They Also Got A Fc75 Stick Edger. I Was To The Pont To Were I Had Two Of EverY Item Thats To Cycle Equipment.

5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

That really sucks. I hate the thought of someone else using my equipment without paying a dime.

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Vans And Suv's You Mean To Say Enclosed Trailer.

7. anj

anj LawnSite Member

I Know Guys That Have Bought Items Like This From People That They Know Took Them Of Of Some Lcos Trailer.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, he means vans. A d-250 van is the same thing as a d-250 truck, same with ford and chevy: same engine, same tranny... Only difference is the body style, and vans rule!!! You can even paint the back windows black from the inside so then nobody can see inside.
    Only drawbacks are:
    Bit more of a pita to back up, you can never look out your back window no more.
    Takes a bit longer to get stuff in and out, but you can build racks out of wood, you can store a LOT more stuff in a van than a p-up.
    We're talking cargo vans here, not the kind with seats hehe