Stomper size tires for a skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I imagine those suck up the power but they probably make the skid steer running over rough terrain better.

I wonder if they make the skid run smoother with more weight on the ground.

3. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never seen those! That 95XT looks like a construction version of the remote control trucks they sell everywhere with the monster tires.:weightlifter: I bet those do wonders for the drivetrain.:)

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Stompers...That brings back a lot of memories :)

I bet those chew through drivechains.

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I am sure you wont see that option anytime soon on any OEM's large frame skid steer. Interesting idea though. I could see it having some applications in a logging operation. You certainly wouldn't just throw a spare in the back of your pickup. It would certainly have a CDI factor. Not that chics are really into skid steers.

6. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

I don't know about that!!!!!!!!!!

D and V.JPG

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That doesn't count. You basicly paid for the that "chic to dig it" by buying a JD CTL. That certainly is a "different" kind of incentive program.:cool2:

8. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

She might be after the Harley more. Then again, maybe she has her own bike. If that's the case, it must be that wicked CT332!:weightlifter: :)

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Those are some big tire's......But i just Think a CTL would do better than that and do better on the skid steer.

10. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Never know it might have been the Harley !!!!!!!!!! Older and younger.If your wondering about the date on the one i used my digital and took a picture of an old picture .The camera had the date set to put on the picture.

Kind of like the "time machine":dancing:

Denny 003.jpg

Me and 1958 Sportster.jpg