1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

stone drive way

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by jlutzel, May 11, 2013.

1. jlutzel

jlutzel LawnSite Member

I had a customer ask me to spread three to four yard of half inch stone in there driveway. There old rock driveway was washed away during hurricane sandy. Its a relatively small drive way. I was wondering how much I should charge. Thanks, Jack

2. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Good question Jack, I have been wondering this myself because I am installing a stone/gravel drivewway at my mother in law's house and I am going to offer it to other customers as well....

3. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

I installed a crush and run pad next to a driveway for a customer and I charged them a good bit for it. Had to have a skid to move it and the stone itself was about $500. I think the total bill was $15??.00. Since then, I have had several people ask me to quote them for similar jobs.

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Time+Materials+Profit.

5. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I would charge $300. Load the dump trailer, back into the driveway, open the gates, have someone tilt the trailer as you drive forward, rake smooth. Wouldn't take more than an hour
    $40 a yard for the gravel

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Almost every job takes longer than 1 hr.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

To simply rake it with 2 guys? it would all be poured for the most part evenly. All you'd be doing i raking it to the sides

8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

How big is this driveway your talking about? Is it for a golf cart, we have been in business since the 70's and I have yet to see someone dump a driveways worth of gravel so exquisitely even that it can be leveled and raked crisply in one hr, I'm serious as a heart attack their isn't a job that truly takes only 1 hr. If so well then their not factoring everything. What's the size of this drive? 5x10
    Posted via Mobile Device