stone drive way

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by jlutzel, May 11, 2013.

1. jlutzel

jlutzel LawnSite Member

I had a customer ask me to spread three to four yard of half inch stone in there driveway. There old rock driveway was washed away during hurricane sandy. Its a relatively small drive way. I was wondering how much I should charge. Thanks, Jack

2. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Good question Jack, I have been wondering this myself because I am installing a stone/gravel drivewway at my mother in law's house and I am going to offer it to other customers as well....

3. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

I installed a crush and run pad next to a driveway for a customer and I charged them a good bit for it. Had to have a skid to move it and the stone itself was about $500. I think the total bill was $15??.00. Since then, I have had several people ask me to quote them for similar jobs.

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Time+Materials+Profit.

5. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I would charge $300. Load the dump trailer, back into the driveway, open the gates, have someone tilt the trailer as you drive forward, rake smooth. Wouldn't take more than an hour
    $40 a yard for the gravel

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Almost every job takes longer than 1 hr.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

To simply rake it with 2 guys? it would all be poured for the most part evenly. All you'd be doing i raking it to the sides

8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

How big is this driveway your talking about? Is it for a golf cart, we have been in business since the 70's and I have yet to see someone dump a driveways worth of gravel so exquisitely even that it can be leveled and raked crisply in one hr, I'm serious as a heart attack their isn't a job that truly takes only 1 hr. If so well then their not factoring everything. What's the size of this drive? 5x10
    Posted via Mobile Device