Stone Mailbox I Just Finished

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MRBsx2, Jul 23, 2007.

1. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

Like to see some one bash this thing is 30"x30" of solid masonry.

DSC00606.jpg

2. agr682

agr682 LawnSite Member

grat construction, I would have like to see more varieation in the stone color, but that is personal taste. great job!

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the brick accent. real nice job.

Chris

4. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love it. Looks pretty solid, and it matches the existin stonework (stone wall on hill) very well. Same stone? I wouldnt worry about color variation at all here my self

5. Mike821

Mike821 LawnSite Member

Betcha no kid with a bat will approach this mailbox......nice job.

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Nice work, looks good !!

7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Nice corners. I would suggest in the future doing more cutting on the bricks for equal sizes. As mentioned, more stone color variation would be nice too. Overall, good job. Sell them on a few shrubs + perennials to really set it off.

The mailbox does look small??

8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I know of a guy with a cast iron mailbox + a 4" steal post filled with concrete.......his USED to be taken out a lot.

9. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

Yes the stone is the same as the wall on the hill its pa field stone...as far as color variation the stone that comes in th pallet is what i use...you cant get enough money for a mailbox to take forever worring about minor things so i jus pile it up. Semi dry stack takes for ever with 1"-4" stones. This particular mailbox is 5'-5" high and 2'-6" wide it might look small bc the pic is kinda far away. I do a lot of brick mailboxes and piers they go up in one day as opposed to this thing 4 days. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

10. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great!