Stonemakers Corporation

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by ehmalexan, May 26, 2010.

1. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

Steve, Are you talking about retaining wall solutions? If you drive by there shop on Baumgartner they did there sign in stone makers.

2. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I will try to get some pics up of some walls around here. They make these massive walls on the side of freeways over here. The guys that do it are skilled thats for sure. Looks way better than any block wall.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah..Mike is going to be my new engineer. I'll run by and take a look,
    Thanks,
    Steve

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

They're running an ad on craigslist locally looking for returning veterans to set up franchises

5. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I havent seen that company aroud here but the walls i was referring to are built by big construction companies. There are dozens of companies that do those kind of walls around here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a pic of an entrance. It's done in a plain limestone look. I thought it look pretty good up close. I can see where it could start looking fake when you start staining the concrete if your not artistic and can't blend the colors. hope pic is good I didn't resize it.
    Steve

20131102_092651.jpg

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I've seen better work from StoneMakers than that. That seems a little dull and boring - just the color, if nothing else. They could have easily made that look a little more appealing and more natural with a little color and maybe sealing it too.

Anyway, it still fits a need. I'm sure the cost for that whole wall / columns, etc. was at least 50% less than if it would have been done by a stone mason. So I think this product still fits better into a lot of people's budgets.

8. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

I highly doubt that is a finished product yet. That is the entrance to there shop, that they have been working on for a while now. There logo is normally blue so I would imagine they will still ad some color to it.