Stop calling a String Trimmer a F'n Weedeater!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N&CLandscaping, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Why in gods name do so many people call it that. That is NOT PROFESSIONAL what so ever!!!!! I am sick of hearing that! Does anyone else agree with me on this?

2. dmanb2b

dmanb2b LawnSite Member

weedwacker...string trimmer...whatever dude...sounds like you need a cold one and just chill:drinkup:

3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Oy - what really chaps my backside are folk who refer to them as STRING trimmers - What gives (c'mon - string :dizzy: )?

Please be professional and refer to them as LINE trimmers from now on.

Thank you.

BTW - You may have a tad too much time on your hands. Weadeater is to LINE trimmers as Kleenex is to tissue. :waving:

4. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know dman, sounds like he would be a mean drunk! What he really needs is a Cheech & Chong sized fattie. A few hits off that :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: and he won't care what anyone calls a string trimmer.

5. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

Go grab the F'n weedeater and get the ditches done already. :dizzy: That's what I've told my guys for 15 years now....I ain't gonna change it now!:walking:

There isn't any string in them...maybe line, and they sure as he!! can EAT up some WEEDS....so yep, it's a weedeater.:weightlifter:

Now go to the closest bar and order you a coke and rum.....it's on me.:waving:

Dennis

6. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Ok fine, but would you put weedeating on your website or on your truck thats all im sayin

7. Maitland Man

Yes. I would. Mow edge weedeat, and blow for basic service.....Mow edge weedeat, edge beds, blow, hedge trim and weed control of beds for full service...both on monthly contracts of course.

Dennis

8. Maitland Man

...and I do by the way...put it like that on the website, contracts, and learning manuals.

9. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

i grew up in Houston close enough to ride my bike to the home of the SWEET pad in Rivercrest with the hammock right out front that the person who invented weedeater owned

just 2 blocks down from my dads old office in Houston was the origional weedeater company with a cool sculpture out front that looked like their origional company symbol

so yea I will call it a weedeater if I want to because I was around when that is all there was

i guess you cry about someone xeroxing something instead of taking a "photo copy"....or wait is it a "document image now" :dizzy: :laugh:

10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i thought it was a big change when i converted from calling them a weed whacker to now calling them weed eaters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.