stop cutting so cheap!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FromtheGroundUp, Mar 18, 2008.

1. FromtheGroundUp

FromtheGroundUp LawnSite Member

I am tired of seeing your ads for"mow any lawn for $20". actually i'm tired of my clients seeing these ads.your making it hard for us guys who are in business,with ins. and taxes to pay. sell your crapsman buy some real equipment and get real with your pricing. if your mower is running it needs to be making $60 per hr not $12.
  2. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

Quit your crying. It's called competition.
  3. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you really think that the guys that are cutting at those prices are hanging out on this site?

Worry about something else.
  4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

These guys running these ads the guys who just got laid off from there jobs due to the economy and the easiest thing to get into is lawn care. Its cheap and very easy to do so with the economy that has been turned upside down and big companies laying people off there are going to be many who get into this field just to make a living if there lucky to find anyone willing to pay for there services.... My brother who has been in lawn care for many years has already lost 65% of his customers this year because they are cutting there own lawns this year to save money and I see a lot of this going to go on this year. Its sad but its reality
  5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

This post and ones like it have been hittin the board a couple times a week and will continue for the foreseeable future. It really stinks I know, I've got a couple kids in college.Do it better than they do, when you talk to perspective clients be prepared. Tell them you're totally legal and can't compete based on price alone, ask them to think if that other guy puts a rock through your window or hits the kid across the street what will happen? Once they find out he has no money, they go after the homeowner who hired him. That usually gets their attention.
  6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Sweet! Another lowballer thread!
  7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

You wouldn't have to worry as much about the lowballers if you guys would stop giving them the information the ask for on this site.

So it is your own faults, We don't share S#!$ about our pricing what they should price. If your going to share tell them a really low price then if they get the job they will be gone in months if not weeks.

So quit sharing and quit crying. Only share what has nothing to do with actually running the business.

Shoot we cut every lawn for $10, Start there.

Dee Dee Dee
  8. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

don't worry there will be another 15 threads like this one before the day is over:laugh:
  9. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

I can easily cut 3 $20 lawns in an hour-thats why theyre $20:weightlifter:
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'll do them for $17.50. I don't even have to USE my insurance on most jobs since I don't break too many things. A long as they can pay me cash, that makes it all even better.