Stop Limiting My Goodie Points!!

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Acute Cut, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

This is rediculous. You want us to vote but only so much so fast and only with so much spread? W.T.F.!!!

Case in point for moderators or what ever powers that be on this dang forum to fix my goodie points......
    Rex Mann on the landscaping forums and the such KICK ARSE! EVERY post is informative and helpful. I cant help but toss him a point for every post because EVERY post is THAT useful. I am IRRITATED here. Why do i have to vote with a shot gun spread?

I dont toss points out randomly. I only post points to guys that deserve it. Either way you either need to fix this or i am done with that structure. I think this can work, but not with a leash. Fix it PLEASE! Guys like Rex Mann deserve to have more recognition that my one point every 5K that i put out there or what ever wierd number it is.

Rex, if you happen upon this post, THANK YOU for your valid and continual posts to us hardscape newbies. You are whom i turn to for REAL advice.

Turf Medic, vipermanz and crawdad like this.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The limiting of giving one select member too many points at one time is set up so the giving of points is not abused. You might not abuse it, but there may be others that may do so.
    Just like when you are driving down the highway. You look up and see the speed limit sign. Do you question as to why it is there? Are you upset because you are limited in only driving 55mph? Do you give up driving because you are limited in how fast you may go? You may not drive recklessly, and in fact may not need to be limited in speed because you are a safe driver. However, there are other drivers out there that will be reckless, and it is necessary to have a speed limit in place. It's all about checks and balances.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Speed limits are neccesary?
    Tell Germany that...........
    Tell Wyoming that.............
    Nobody follows the speed limit signs anyway..............
    But you already know my opinion of the brownie point system.

crawdad likes this.
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Wyoming has a speed limit on interstate highways dont they? A rather high one at 75pmph, but still a speed limit........ ????

5. Acute Cut

Ok, so lets say the speed limit is fine then. Perhaps we just need less spread. I know that the spread probably isnt that big, but for where i run and what i read i just dont see a whole lot to toss out points for. Sorry. :blob3:

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Interstate highways are federally funded.............
    There weren't many speed limit signs on the roads I was on....................

Oh, ya, Who really cares any way.
    Sean will have his way..................

Acute Cut and Turf Medic like this.
  7. Acute Cut

indeed he will.
    And he dont have to answer for it either.