1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

stop making so much noise.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rmartin, May 6, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

I was out mowing today when the next door neighbor walks over. Hey you got a second he asks.(I think he was a little light in the loafers) Do you think you could stop making so much noise, I am trying to read and cant concentrate because of your loud machine. "WHAT" I asked him. Yes I am trying to read my new book and all the noise is distracting me. I told him, BUDDY I'll be gone soon then you can read all day. He left a little upset. When he was gone I started my mower up, my blower and my trimmer. What a Jacka$$.
  2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I dunno Martin. In a situation like that, wouldn't it be better to have just said you really cannot control the volume of noise these machines make?

Who knows, maybe he was having a crappy day/month/year. I don't blame you for being irritated, but I just don't see how your response helped matters. My first impulse would have been to do what you did, but I have to admit that my first impulse often leaves me cold later on.
  3. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

where do people get off with such stupid comments. I have a lot of patience for things but when people say stupid things like that I cannot help but to respond. I have no patience for idiotic people, espescally when they are not even my customer....

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, that is kind of funny. I might have gotten mad, not sure. I would try to just say that the machines are as loud as they are and theres nothing I can do about it. I'd probably tell him I'd be gone soon too.
  5. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

This guy sounds like he's one card short of playing with a full deck. Or maybe he's only a little feminin? I'd just have to tell the dude that i'm busy and i'll be gone shortly. Some people never cease to amaze me. :roll eyes:
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I get a little fried when people have the nerve to say stupid things like that too. I had a neighbor at one account say just about the same thing. Those things sure are loud!
    Yes they are.
    What do they want us to do pull out a reel mower and walk it then clip the edges with a hand scissors?
  7. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

i could understand if the guy worked the night shift and my mower was sitting under his bedroom window, but he was across the street maybe 50-60 yards away.
  8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Just give him his sign and say those infamous words....."Heeere's your sign!"
  9. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Mark McC -

You better TOUGHEN UP buddy! Too much SENSITIVITY training has taken its nasty grip on you.

RMARTIN - I've been in similar situations but not this exact one before.

Here is my message to the

"In case you didn't notice, I'M WORKING here, and NOT FOR YOU. Don't ever bother ME or my WORKERS with YOUR PETTY CRAP again."

Also, IF YOU POINT YOUR FINGER at them for EMPHASIS while saying this, it REALLY drives home the point.

This has sent 4 guys & 1 women back into there house. The lady called me "RUDE" as she huffed away. Which I told her she was RUDE for wasting my time.

Now before you softy's say "You won't get their business in the future"...that is correct. But you wouldn't have gotten it anyway, because they were already mad at you for ______ (fill in the blank of the Stupid @ss reason).

Practice it in the mirror a few times until you are comfortable with it. It works.

10. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

stupid people deserve stupid answers