Stop putting leaves on my lawn!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCME, Oct 1, 2004.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys do when you customers neighbor come out of his home just when you start cutting and says: "stop blowing leaves/grass on my lawn". I stopped my engines because he walked right up to me as I was mowing. I told him I do not leave stuff on your lawn. He says, then what is that on my lawn. I told him I just started and have not had a chance to finish clean-up yet. Then he told me since I have been mowing this account I always blow grass and leaves on his perfect lawn. I again told him I always clean-up before I leave. Then he walks away and says, "the road in front of my home is alway clean until you started mowing". This guy is a PITA. After that I wanted to dump a bag of grass and leaves on his lawn :angry: . Also, he is the president of the subs association and I have one other customer here. I also saw another LCO mowing near my other account. How would you guys handle this problem PITA before this gets out of control. I believe I will talk to my customer in regards to his neighbors comments to me. Any comments, advise, remarks, etc. Some help here please, LCME

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

tell him to go screw himself. period

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Mulch! Mulch! Or Bag!

4. LCME

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!

5. LCME

I do not have a mulch kit yet. But, I do have a side bagger. But, if I bag the front yard to keep the area clean how would you explain to the customer I will have to charge extra to keep up on the leaves. Or, just bag it and let it go. The front yard is about 6000 sq ft. A few big trees ready to dump all over. Most all the neighbors keep there yards leaf free every week. At what time do I start charging the customer for leaf removal?.

6. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Take the money you made from this account and bo get you a mulch kit... They are not much and be done with it.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Or get a discharge chute blocker to mulch the few passes near his property then open it on the rest of the lawn. Also this time of year the blocker would be good to mulch down the leaves. Also it will help to keep grass out of the flower beds and other places you dont need it with out having to make extra passes and keep the stripe pattern looking good too. Really I would want to tell him what bobby said but............ may nor be good for buisness. Ps Meg Mo has them on sale this month , Im ordering one monday morning

8. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Tell him the wind did it. The neighbor lady who lives next door to my grandmother last year always came over and bitched and complained at me, this was before I had my business, about grass ending up in her yard and leaves from my grandmother's tree ending up in her yard. Finally after about 4 times of this happening, I told the crusty old hag there is a little thing called wind. My grandmother's mower was a mulching 21" lawnboy so I was not "discharging" grass and leaves into her yard. She seemed to not grasp this concept. This lady rents the house and my father knows the landlord very well and mentioned it to him. He said this lady is a just complete hag who hates men since her husband cheated on her, died, and left all of his possessions to his mistress. Then when I was not around, this lady would go next door and just starting giving all kinds of $hit to my grandma who is 84, this lady is early 60s about how her grandson keeps blowing grass and leaves into her yard and he is a very rude young man. Grandma told dad, dad told me, me told old hag to mind her own business or it would be very easy to get her crusty ass evicted in a matter of a few days. Finding out from other neighbors, this lady is a pest and menace to everyone, especially the ones with children.

9. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Tell him to get a hobbie besides bothering you when your trying to work.

10. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Offer to cut his lawn.