Stopped and ticketed by CVI...for dirt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncuttinfoo, Sep 5, 2006.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

First he said the prolocker was not enough then he said the biggest problem was back here as he walked to the back he pointed to the deck of the open trailer and to a few pieces of mower tire tred shaped dirt, we get the most complaints from this falling off.

How can a lco operate without dirt?

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

What are you going to do, blow the trailer off everytime you put the mower on it.:dizzy:

3. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

You can't, but aren't you supposed to clean it off before you spill onto motorists following you on the roads? If you can't do that maybe look into an enclosed trailer.

4. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I thought prolockers were DOT approved? Man I would've been pissed.

5. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought prolockers were dot and EVERYTHING APPROVED....

Jeez...Time for me to do some rethinkning into them, and look at faststraps.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like to me this guy wanted to write a citation, he was gonna find something, no matter how hard he had to look

wayne

7. lawncuttinfoo

I thought so too, and I told him that but he didn't seem to care, hopefully he didn't know.

Well he didn't ticket me for not having a CV medical waiver or "speeding" (downhill straight away in country club neighborhood voted 30 mph zone doing 39) so I guess It's OK.

8. lawncuttinfoo

It was a CVI trap I've seen them earlier this summer same spot they pull over every trailer that passes if they have a free cop.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If you didn't get any tickets then there wasn't really anything wrong. ProLockers are DOT approved.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

In a perfect world we would have the perfect ticket for every violation encountered, but as things stand police have to write the citation for the closest thing that exists in the books of law as compared to what really happened.

I am sure most states operate on similar principles, although yours may differ some, fact is that speeding 1-9 over is one type of violation while speeding 10-19 over falls into the next higher category violation, meaning it isn't worth it for them to write citations for 1-9 over... However, I am certain that stretching the limits of this technicality might not be the best idea as I am sure it looks as if you were just about to go 10 over but just not there yet...

Now he could've written you a moving violation but he knows that 1-9 overs are thrown out of court on a regular basis, so he wrote you a non-moving one (or 2 dunno) which even if you're found guilty, at least doesn't go on your driving record and shouldn't raise your insurance rates. That's not to say he's being really nice but then the only nice officer is he who never writes a ticket, so it is to say he's trying his best to advise you to watch your step as he might can see worse things coming.

Slow down, try and keep the speed well below the posted limit and take it easy. They don't mess with you so long you're almost always below the limit and move nice and easy and do everything real slow so they realize that to pull you over would be, if nothing else, a BIG waste of their time as it likely would take you longer to get license and registration ready for them than time they want to spend dealing with you.

That's the secret, you gotta play like you're the dumbest and slowest, they don't mess with them kind.
    But if you're smart and fast, watch out.
    p.s.: looking poor helps, as does age.