Stopped and ticketed by CVI...for dirt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncuttinfoo, Sep 5, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

If i was to drive under the speed limit everywhere I went, I would never get there alive. people will run you off the road. Also I have seen cops pull over people plenty of times for doing under the speed limit around here for acting suspicious. Keep it 5 over and they will not think twice about it, do 10 over and they might consider (1 in 10 chance) pulling you over. however if you're 15 over you're getting nailed. But it sounds like the CVI was just out to bust nuts and he would have been pulled over anyways.

2. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

If it's only a citation...no biggie. If it were a ticket....fight it and most likely you would win with good pictures/ documentation to show the prosecutor.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

HUH???????

4. Surf'n'Turf

You never fought a ticket before?

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, but what I meant is, a ticket and citation are the same thing.... Otherwise known as a civil infraction citation...:)

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i thought a citation was a written warning?:confused:

7. Surf'n'Turf

Me, too. Either way, if it involves points or money, I'd fight it. There is a good chance you can win, or at the very least, get it reduced as opposed to just sending a check and paying what they ask.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It could be that, also (both). There are also what are known as correctable citations. These are the ones that when something is proven or repaired, the citation is voided. (faulty equipment, proof of insurance, etc..)

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

citation and pinch tickets are the same thing.

10. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I can't fight it because my cloth bagger and a 55 gal brute trash can were unsecured so I got the $192 unsecured load ticket.

I'd rather pay $200 than have that stuff fall out and kill someone. I'm taking it as a lesson learned, but if I get pulled over again I'll be darned if they can find one infraction.