Stopped by Dept. of Ag. today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I was mowing an account today when a guy pulled up in a white S-10 Blazer. He walks up to me, I was on the mower. He had his ID out and introduced himself. He asked me if I sprayed Round-up or anything like it. I said no. I had nothing to worry about. He didn't search my truck but he could clearly see in the back and on the trailer. He filled out some paperwork, taking all my info including truck description and gave me some info for getting the "Round-up" license. I already signed up to take the class when they have it. He was cool about everything.
    Just wanted to let everyone know that people from the state are out looking for people who are not licensed in certain areas, so be isn't worth it not to be
  2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Wow, thats seems a little over the top. Just spraying round up in the cracks of a driveway calls for a license?
  3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, it is called a Pesticide Applicators License, and you need it because Roundup is a pesticide. I hear the state will make your life hell if you apply without a license, not worth it.
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Its called a limited commercial license here. Just another way for the state to steal money from us. A complete and total joke in every way.
  5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Not really. It would be kinda bad if pesticides had no restrictions and any uneducated person could go out and spray anything they wanted.
  6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

They still do it. The ones who don't know what their doing dont get caught, but the ones who do, get caught.. That's how life is.
  7. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

In Georgia the fine is up to $1,000 a clip
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Roundup???????? You need to hear about this completly useless license we have here. I just paid around $300 for mine. I would have rather gave it to a homeless person for beer. At least the beer salesman would have made something that way.
  9. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

do they not sell it in box stores all over?a homeowner does have rights to it to.i do understand what you are saying but any tom dick or harry can walk into the co-op and buy all kids of stuff to use.
  10. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

On their own property.....

Not for hire