Stopped by the Dept. Of AG

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by greensman, Jan 27, 2002.

1. greensman

greensman LawnSite Member

How many of you have been inspected on a jobsite by your dept. of Ag. in your state.

I had my first one a few years ago, the guy was nice just let me know that my invoice needed to be changed or I needed a to write more info down. His paticular take on his job was that if you have a license there's usually you no ticket for you.

2. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I had an inspector stop by my house. He said he could'nt catch up with me on the road. He was nice enough. He's buried in the back yard......just kidding!

3. Greens Keeper

Greens Keeper LawnSite Member

Don't fret it when they pull up. They are only doing their job. Catching up with the honest ones. The ones who aren't are applying at nite or after 5 p.m. The inspector followed the same script that they teach us in continuing Ed instruction. The guy that stoped me was really good about it and I felt good about knowing that they are watching us. From Iowa

4. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I've actually had them stop us a number of times over the years, they have always been good about checking over everything and making sure that paperwork is in order. I've always appreciated the fact they are doing a job to mkae our job that much safer and controlling some of the non-licensed applicators from doing things they shouldn't be.

5. mountain

mountain LawnSite Member

What exactly do they check for ? This is my first year doing chemical apps and just want to make sure every thing is in order

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Why would he check your invoices? Why would that be his business?:confused:

7. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

In our state at least, the invoice must show the chemicals used with EPA number, time started, time ended, quantity used, pest targeted, wind temp and other weather conditions etc

8. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

The state of Missouri started Operation Greensweep(I think that's what it's called) last summer. If they see a LCO spraying, they will stop him or her and take a sample from the tank. It's then analyzed and if it's not being applied at the label rate or if it's not an approved product that can pull your license immediately. This protects not only the consumer but the legitimate pesticide applicator............Lynn

9. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

The state of Missouri started Operation Greensweep(I think that's what it's called) last summer. If they see a LCO spraying, they will stop him or her and take a sample from the tank. It's then analyzed and if it's not being applied at the label rate or if it's not an approved product that can pull your license immediately. This protects not only the consumer but the legitimate pesticide applicator............Lynn

10. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

It seems that the EPA is coming down harder this year, than in previous years.
    Operation greensweep is one example another is that they are targeting colleges and universities. I visited my old school the other day and they were getting ready for their inspection. Making sure that all MSDs were in order all of the i's dotted and t's crossed.
    After I get my taxes finished up that is my next goal is to double check all my paperwork regarding applications.