stopping the crab grass seeds

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by bavaria-n, Nov 1, 2009.

1. bavaria-n

bavaria-n LawnSite Member

I am very patient, but after reading “The Georgia Guidestones”I don’t know how much time I have…
    http://images.google.com/imgres?img...es?q=maintain+humanity+500000&hl=en&sa=N&um=1
    I wonder whose idea was this monument?:confused:;):confused:

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Kiril

Let me say I believe in a once a year Spring blanket spray on thinner lawns with a low rate broad leaf herbicide. This is to catch those broad leaf weeds before they get started. On my thick lawns I use post emerge only as needed. Depending on the lawn it might take two years to get it thick enough not to blanket spray in Spring.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I don't support blanket applications under most circumstances. There are of course exceptions.

....... and I think you meant catch the weeds before they get established ... not started.

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Not in Wisco...

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Kiril

Before it gets Established or started what is the Difference?

Smallaxe

I forget Wisconsin is almost part of Canada and has the same Ice Box climate. My high temp today was 83 while the low was 67. Our Crab Grass is growing great.

6. Smallaxe

For temps like that I would enjoy fighting the CG.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I read that as started growing (i.e. before germination).

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yes Kiril

Established is a better word.

BTW Thank You for Nit Picking my post. You do that better than anyone on LS.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Smallaxe

Come on down the Weather is great and at my age my business is always for sale. I will even lend my Certification to the business as the CPOIC and train any one who has the money and interest.

10. Smallaxe

:laugh: I could be a flunky on light duty for the winter months, but I wouldn't be able to even just supervise, in the summer months.

The last time I was in Florida during summertime all we could do was hang around in air-conditioned strip clubs. My funny friends didn't realize there was AC in other establishments as well.