stopping the crab grass seeds

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by bavaria-n, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Take it for what it is. Trying to avoid people confusing using a post-emergent herbicide for pre-emergent control.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Smallaxe

It doesn't take long. The next thing you know is carrying a jacket in the car for going into super markets in the summer.

BTW Are people from Wisconsin just like Canucks and only Bring a Clean shirt and $ 5.00 bill to Florida, And never change either????

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Clean shirt? Never thot much about it , but that's not a bad idea. :)

4. bavaria-n

bavaria-n LawnSite Member

Thank you guys, it would be better if you give me link –look Jerry this is the bag you need to buy………….
    It would be easer for me…

5. bavaria-n

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

you would have the least success here if you did not use a pre em. so much farm land with so much grassy weeds and seeds to spread. so many new homes being built on that land that the sod will straight get choked after one year without pre em. now much more established and weed seedless and isolated lawns you can to things like no pre em

7. bavaria-n

What is pre em?

8. grassman177

pre emergent

9. grassman177

there is all these guys on here touting how they dont need a pre emergent and yadda yadda. i was just going a step further on that thought being they must not have the weed pressure like we do with all the farm fields and weed pastures near everything, cause if you did not have a pre em, the lawn would go down hill very very fast, on a majority of lawns,. etc, you get the idea

10. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

Ahhh the fun of treating a lawn next to a field. I ask myself every time I take on a property next to a field why I am doing it. Without a pre-m those lawns would look like a dog crapped on them.