1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Storage of Equipment

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by packerbacker, Dec 13, 2004.

1. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to get some input on where guys keep your equipment at. Do most of you have an office or rent a storage unit or do you keep it at your house? Let me know why you think what you is do is better.
  2. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

I would be afraid to leave any of my equipment anywhere else but my house. It all goes in my garage where I keep it locked...I even live out in a rural area 15 minutes from town...still every night lock my stuff up. No way I am chancing that much money in equipment. Just my opinion though...
  3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

2 15x40 storage units! my boat in one and all my mowing stuff in the other.
  4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

This is one of the advantages of having an enclosed trailer. The equipment stays at home, nice and secure and the garage stays equipment free. Plenty of room for other things to go in there and don't need to pay anyone storage unit fees.
  5. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

garage kept always.
  6. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

For those that keep it in the garage do any of your nieghbors get mad seeing trailers on the property? Or having employees coming and going night and day?

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

4 car garage at home and 2 box trailers.
  8. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I live on 28 acres and so I dont have much of a neighbor problem. Equipment is kept in my 40 by 72 shop.
  9. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

My warehouse
  10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We ave a 40X60 ADA shop w/ office, bath & mechanical room on 3/4 acre commercial property. Always best to keep business separate from home affairs.