1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Storage of Equipment

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by packerbacker, Dec 13, 2004.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I just sealed a deal with a my neighbors high school friend that live in the country about 4 miles away. She's a widow and needs some help now and then. I get to use a 40x30 shop that completely locks up, and I just have to mow here property each week. Its about 2 acres wide open, might take me an hour and a half with trimming. The property is completely fenced except for the entrance road, so the only way in is to drive right by her house. Can't get much safer than that.
  2. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

rent it all then sublet the office . Office space around here gos for 1 a sq foot
  3. wiselawns

wiselawns LawnSite Member

Enclosed trailor.
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to keep my trailer parked in my driveway. My wife put up a huge fuss about it. She said it made us look like white trash :cry: . So I have since rented a storage space. Probably for the better, since i didn't think it would be a good idea to leave my new Exmark in the driveway. I'm hoping to get an enclosed trailer soon. I figure with what I'm paying for the storage each month, it would pay for itself quickly.
  5. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

i have 1.5 acres all equipemnt stays here also run big firewood sales have logs stacked up all over the place all residential around us. no complaints yet and if they do f*** them its commercial property nothing they can do
  6. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

i keep mine in a high security storage facility. 12x12x30. i don't worry about my equipmet when i leave, i know it'll be there in the morning waiting for me.