Storage Questions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by erhager, Dec 24, 2007.

1. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

I plan on running my business from my home and was needing to know what kind of storage I need to use (garage, storage shed, flammable locker,etc). What do you guys do?

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now, just a garage and a shed. A shop would be very nice to have,I just have no more room. Anyplace that is well ventilated and can be locked at night is a good choice.

3. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

You can check your state regulations on storage requirements and you can probably find it online under the laws and regulations section of the DPR website.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

erhager

A cheap solution to spill containment is to store your Chemicals in a Child's swimming pool. I use a Walmart special and have a shelve sitting inside the pool. Any leaks are contained inside the pool instead of running on to the ground. In my State, Chemical storage areas must be locked 24/7 and Chemicals must be carried in a locked container on your truck.

5. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

We bought a 35'X10' roll-off with a roller door on the side and double doors on one end. Either door alllows for our JD loader with the fork attatchment to load fert inside with no problems. There not cheap, but at least the fert/chems are locked up. In the winter I take the chemical storage locker we bought from lab safety (lockable) and put it in the basement of our shop where it won't freeze. I try and burn up everything by the winter so we have the barely anything to store until the spring, thats the key!! No surplus!!! It will only screw youin the end with the environmental police.