Storage Space

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Yard Perfect, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I am looking to lease/rent space for my trailer and other equipment. We live in a residential neighborhood and I feel that I need to get my ever increasing equipment away from the house. The location is within 10 minutes, under fenced lock and key, landlord will provide a dry storage unit for power equipment, he also offered to let me drop grass on the property if I spread it out a bit. Electricity available. All this for a $100 a month. Seems like a good deal, but realize that I have docked at home for free for the last 5+ years. I have about 60 accounts that pay me about $1000 a year, so the money works and I am now looking to expand for the first time. Feedback would be appreciated.

Dave

2. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Wow, That would be a dream come true for me, jump on that:blob4:

3. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

HMMMM i get a 12' by 28' storage unit on gravel for only $40 a month. Lock and key in a nice neighborhood just 5 mins from my house. Electirc included. I guess i got lucky. :D

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

How big ofa space are you getting for $100? How big of a trailer are you going to park there? I have a 10 x20' storage unit that I back my trailer in at night for $52 a month. If I have to unload the trailer and park it outside every night(which I might have to next year wiht a bigger trailer) It will cost me more.
    so if your getting inside storage space and outside parking space and dumping space, that might not be to bad a price.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

consider yourselves very lucky. I looked into a 10x20 storage unit a couple of years ago and the chepast price I found was $220 a month with no electric. Storage is sparse and very expensive around here.

6. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I'm renting a 10X30 store room with card key site access, video cameras every where and an on site resident manager for $145/month. No electric but I do own a 3500 watt diesel generator that I use for power.

Before you commit, be sure to measure the door width. A 10' store room might only have an 8' door. Make sure you can back your trailer in without a major squeeze or hassle.

One more thing, the rent is tax deductable

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Wow. I've got a 10 by 30 space with electric, and a large RV parking space in the back lot and that runs me $260 a month. Thinking about moving to a 20 by 20 space in the spring.

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Around here the average garage for storgae STARTS at $500. I'd jump on it.

9. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

10x30 space $190 month

10. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

10 x 20 with electric $52 per month here 10% discount if you pay up front.