1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Storage Space

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Yard Perfect, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I am looking to lease/rent space for my trailer and other equipment. We live in a residential neighborhood and I feel that I need to get my ever increasing equipment away from the house. The location is within 10 minutes, under fenced lock and key, landlord will provide a dry storage unit for power equipment, he also offered to let me drop grass on the property if I spread it out a bit. Electricity available. All this for a $100 a month. Seems like a good deal, but realize that I have docked at home for free for the last 5+ years. I have about 60 accounts that pay me about $1000 a year, so the money works and I am now looking to expand for the first time. Feedback would be appreciated.

Dave

2. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Wow, That would be a dream come true for me, jump on that:blob4:

3. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

HMMMM i get a 12' by 28' storage unit on gravel for only $40 a month. Lock and key in a nice neighborhood just 5 mins from my house. Electirc included. I guess i got lucky. :D

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

How big ofa space are you getting for $100? How big of a trailer are you going to park there? I have a 10 x20' storage unit that I back my trailer in at night for $52 a month. If I have to unload the trailer and park it outside every night(which I might have to next year wiht a bigger trailer) It will cost me more.
    so if your getting inside storage space and outside parking space and dumping space, that might not be to bad a price.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

consider yourselves very lucky. I looked into a 10x20 storage unit a couple of years ago and the chepast price I found was $220 a month with no electric. Storage is sparse and very expensive around here.

6. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I'm renting a 10X30 store room with card key site access, video cameras every where and an on site resident manager for $145/month. No electric but I do own a 3500 watt diesel generator that I use for power.

Before you commit, be sure to measure the door width. A 10' store room might only have an 8' door. Make sure you can back your trailer in without a major squeeze or hassle.

One more thing, the rent is tax deductable

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Wow. I've got a 10 by 30 space with electric, and a large RV parking space in the back lot and that runs me $260 a month. Thinking about moving to a 20 by 20 space in the spring.

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Around here the average garage for storgae STARTS at $500. I'd jump on it.

9. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

10x30 space $190 month

10. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

10 x 20 with electric $52 per month here 10% discount if you pay up front.