storage storage storage

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by yardmanlee, Feb 16, 2006.

1. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering if any one out there is renting storage or a shop to run you're biz out of ?? and what are ya'll paying per sq. ft. ?

thanks

2. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

storage shed = 0.32 per sq. ft. inside / monitored / 24 hour access

3. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

storage sheds, .70 per square foot, key codes to get in. All shops or warehouses in my area are going for around 1.00 per square plus utilities.

4. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Holy Cow!!! $0.70 per sq. foot seems really expensive. We are not key pad coded for entry, just camera monitored. I guess the difference must be for the security upgrade, or location. I'm fully insured, so I guess I'll take my chances with the savings. - not bashing your storage spot, just very expensive from my neighborhood averages.

5. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

ZERO

I take care of the grounds (worth about 50 per month, just grass by the street).

6. yardmanlee

round here they asking $4.00 sq ft and I thought that was cheap !!! for a warehouse w/ water

7. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

i rent a 10x15 for 100 a month. The place is fenced and locked with 24 hour access with pin code.

8. yardmanlee

i'm kinda lookin for a place that I can also work out of and move my stuff in like tools and work benches, air compressor for those days when we cant get out and work we could service the equipment and sharpen blades,

9. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

$4 a foot??? Too bad your so far away, I'd plumb the Air compressor into my livingroom for $4 a foot!! You could watch TV while you sharpen blades! LOL!!

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

holy cats! And I was griping about what mine costs, figures to $.28 a sq ft.! 10x25 for $70 a month. No power in mine, but a really nice newer facility all wood and drywall construction in a very nice end of town.

I don't run my business out of it, but I have to have it to store mowers in over the winter and other equipment that I don't use that often. No room at home for it all!