1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Storage Units

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfman33, Aug 2, 2003.

1. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

OK guys just wanted to let you know that if you are going to get a storage unit and they tell you it's a 12 X 20 unit, measure it for yourself. As some of you know by past posts this week I'm looking to get a bigger trailer. well, I'm glad I did not order it yet. I went and checked the unit size today and it was 18.5' not the 20' they told me it was.

So, just a word of warning to check, for those that don't know. plus the door size is smaller then the internal size. Something else to keep in mind.

2. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

What brand name of trailer?
  3. turfman33

Not the trailer size was off. i don't even have that yet. The Storage Unit size was off. Thats why I'm glad I didn't order the trailer yet. It wouldn't of fit in the storage unit.

4. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

Sorry, misread that and thanks for the heads up
  5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is not good. Have they adjusted your bill to charge you less for the space you really don't have?

6. turfman33

I had to drop that storage unit and go and find another. These things cost an arm and a leg too don't they? I have found a 12 X 30' bit to big for my needs but that all they had in a good location to to where I can pull around and back straight in. Must order the trailer now.

Funny as well how you tell them what your pulling and the size of the truck and they show you area's that you would have no way backing it in.

7. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

The one I had was suppose to be 10X20 but the entrance was actually smaller cuz you have to have room for the door to slide down.
  8. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

my 3 trailers stay outside all year.there made to be outdoors lol lol
  9. smbgolf

smbgolf LawnSite Member

Can someone tell me the best place to get a storage unit for landscape needs. I have 3 trailers and I am looking for a good place to store all my equipment.