storage yard?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, May 9, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Any of you guys have a storage yard for your equipment, or truck and trailer? I'll need one eventually, as I'll need a trailer soon as the equipment gets bigger. The prices some of these people want for rent is rediculous. And the one that are resonable, are in bad hoods, or "shared" space. Not too comfortable with others storing with me. Any advice? Or warnings I should know about?

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking for land right now for the price now seems to be the time .

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

yup, 5 acres worth of parking and storage

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

What's an average $$ in your area? I'm hearing $350 - $650 for a little yard. $250 - $350 shared space. Is this alot, or is it just me? maybe I just don't know what the going rate is.
    this is per month....... it's big enough to park 1/2 trucks and a trailer

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I run out of a storage area. I have a 10 by 30 locker and a parking space. I pay around $280 month, including electricity. I love it. It's more commercial than residential, all kinds of businesses work out of the same storage area, including 3 other lcos. My stuff is locked and secure, never had a problem. Land around here costs a bunch, too much for me to buy right now. I would never keep my stuff at home.

:D

6. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I have an agreement with one of my customers. I cut her tiny lawn every two weeks, in exchange for using her garage to store my equipment. It work great for both of us.

7. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I store my equipment in a public storage facility and pay $121 per month. I have a locked unit 10'x15' that i have 24 hour access to.

This is very cheap for my area from what i have been able to find. Last year for the same size unit at a different facility i was paying around $250 per month.

You guys that have lots of property should be really grateful

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Interesting what you guys are paying for rent. I own a storage facility with 81 units. I have three of them myslef. All cement, 9 high doors, 10 wide. Total deminsion - 36 x 32. We then took all the latteral braces out and built a deck on top with 2x6's every 16' apart, steps, lighting, works great to store stuff.

We get $50.00 / month for a 10 x 30, and $60.00 / month for a 12 x 32, $75.00 / month for a 12 x 36 - which has a 11 x 12 OH door. I'll rent you guys a unit or two!

9. Superior Lawn Care

Superior Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Thats a good price meets1 im currently in a busness park in a building and my section of the building is 2,800 sq feet with 2 12 by 14' overhead doors. i pay $1,000 a month including utilities. I have an office and bathroom though and there is also a security company that patrols frequently so i can leave trailers outside with out worrying much about them.

10. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm not knocking your choice of where to store your stuff, but for $1000/month couldn't you buy some land and build a pole barn on it and store it there where'd you actually own the property?