1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcatnj, May 20, 2004.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i keep my equipment in a shed in my back yard and the truck and trailer in the street for the past 3 years. today my neighbor came up to me and said she was sick of it being here. and i could understand where she was coming from. i wouldnt want that parked in my neighbor hood if someone did that for me. so now im loking for a place to keep equipment and truck and trailer. anyone have any ideas?? the self storage places are 2 small already tried that
  2. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

All you have to do is buy some land and build a shop or buy one.
  3. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

u make it sound so easy hahaha
  4. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

I keep my trailer in storage. A little steep in price but it's full of camera's and you need to have a code to get in and out. I have a 30' deep by 12' wide. I have a 16' trailer and still have some room.

5. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

The 30' storage shed works great. get an end one and its easier to get into with a little practice. You can also leave your trailer loaded.

Try doing the mnt at the storage facility in exchange for rent...
  6. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

I use an old barn that was not being used by the owners at their home. It is in the city, and I just keep the place up for the rent (1.5 acres of mowing). Look around and send out a letters to empty barn owners posibly looking to strike a deal on maintenance.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you should have told your neighbor that you were sick of her
  8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Talk to some car buffs, of some people around, that have car, or rods, and see if they know where there might be a shop around. There are a lot around here, just need to find out, as most don't advertise, and get taken fast .
  9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in the same bout as you had to get a storage unit 150.0 a month.

may 20, 2004.jpg
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

sounds like a crappy letter