Storing firewood in a 52ft trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Petr51488, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Can any of you guys out there think of a downside of storing firewood (so it seasons) in one of them 52ft trailers? Thanks..

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

It will "season" better out side in the air. Just stack it and cover the top of the piles to shed water.

3. Petr51488

from NJ

I know it will prob will season better outside then in the trailer but there's no more room at my house, so this is my only "free" option for now. Im pretty sure the heat inside the trailer during the summer time will dry it quite well rite?

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with Gene. Heat will only go so far for seasoning wood. Air movement will complete the formula.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I know guys that use them for firewood. Drys real quick in the summer heat. You can cut a hole in each end to allow some air circulation if you want.

6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

52'', thats a lot of trailer, gunna need some vent holes.

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Vent isn't a problem. Just cut one turbine vent on the top at one end and leave the door partway open at the other end. Cross wind will get it dry quick.

8. Petr51488

from NJ

It's not a 52'' inch but rather a 52 foot trailer.

9. Petr51488

from NJ

I can't really cut any holes in the trailer. The best that i could do it leave the door open, or cracked, thats about it.

10. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it would be a great place tostore it. if you leave the doors cracked a bit, it would be great.