Storm Clean-up Clause

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpmako, Sep 15, 2005.

1. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I remember seeing someones contract having a clean-up clause for after storms. I believe that it was either Bobby or Turfdude that had a good one.
    Anybody have one they are willing to share?

P.S. here is mine I am just not sure of the wording.

In the event of excessive debris from any natural disaster(s) that impedes the performance of any services rendered under this agreement, the contractor may elect to remove any obstructions (debris) and charge a service charge of $40.00 per man hour if such services are required. If hauling of any debris is requested by the client, additional charges may apply.

Jason

2. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

just say

In the event of excessive debris that impedes the performance of any services rendered under this agreement, the contractor may elect to remove any obstructions (debris) and charge a service charge of $40.00 per man hour if such services are required. If hauling of any debris is requested by the client, additional charges may apply.

take out "natural disaster" - my reasoning is, What is a natural disaster?

3. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

my agreements states we will determine how, when, what , etc. will be done. i mow lawns. if a storm hits... well, i do not do clean up for free. extra cost. i would not put my $$/man hours in the agreement. do you think it's really necesary to add a clause in your agreements?

4. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Do not put your cost in there. After these hurricanes and tropical storms there is alot of $$$$$$ to be made. After Isabel we were making $1500 per person per day cleaning our customers and neighbors yards. payup payup payup payup

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Hay guys:

Remember that a lot of those Victims are going to be receiving money from insurance and Federal help as well.

You may have to be Certified to work in that area, I'm sure the "Not so kind"
    or scam artist will be out in herds.

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I've never had a storm clause in my contracts, and honestly it's never come up. It is a "maintenance" contract and CLEARLY states what you are paying for. If a cleanup is needed, then the maintenance price is no longer in effect because that is "above and beyond" what is covered under the maintenance agreement. :)