storm cleanup

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Mar 1, 2006.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i was wondering if anyone has done storm cleanups for the city or state is so how would you go about doing that.

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

call fema they will guide you thru the process thanks george

3. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

do you happen to know the number at all also i see you did work in lousiana me and my buddy were thinking about going down there to do some clean up. you happen to know of any other contacts down there we could be ahold of or anything. thanks

josh

4. baddboygeorge

fema has a website just search the web for it. I have done lots of work down in the costal regions.i have always got paid thru the homeowner which in return gets paid thru his insurance company or fema.Its alot of work but is very lucrative.I did tree work an clean up work when i was down there an there will be work down that way for the next 5 years.If you can get in with an insurance company ,thats where you wanna be because the work is endless. I hope this helps good luck george

5. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

What kind of insurance, license, ect do they require you to have if you were to land one of the jobs??

6. baddboygeorge

they require you to be insured minimum 1 million dollar general liability,they usually reqiure an occupational license in the city your working in or near.Them are the only 2 requirments that i have ever needed. hope that helps,,,george

7. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks, I went to the FEMA website and could not find any real info. Any #'s or addtional info would be great.

8. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

After being where landfall took place for 4 months (Waveland MS) I would suggest to get ahold of some town/city halls-Mayors offices etc where you want to work. They should be able to direct you on who to call but don't ask dumb stuff like what insurance. They don't know. The people you want to talk to knows. I have a 5 million policy and another 1 mill on my vehicle.

9. baddboygeorge

I tell ya what if your really wanting to do this call me an i will tell you exactly how its done.i will p.m. you my office number thanks george