1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

straight and narrow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newblade, Feb 1, 2006.

1. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

What is the best way to get your lawnmower to go perfectly straight? I have tried messing with it and my stripes are not looking as good as they should.
    :confused:

2. McClain

McClain LawnSite Member

Stop drinking the beer before you mow.......lol just joking..its tuff:laugh:

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Define a wb or a ztr

4. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

Exmark ZTR lazer Z 60"

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

For me look ahead to the point you are mowing it is a work of art few can run a straight line.

6. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Focus on an object in the distance and drive straight to it.

7. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like Turf Doctor beat me to it. :)

8. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

I thought that you should be able to go full speed ahead and get that straight line

9. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Pick a point at the end of a stripe, something small, maybe a leaf or stick on the ground. Go forward and dont look at anything but that object. After you get the first stripe the rest is easy.

church stripes.jpeg

10. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

Some of the things said are true, but keep in mind go for the shortest distance,for your frist run . then after, keeping your back wheel mathched and slightly over lap of the frist line.you should do fine with some pratice.keeping your wheels bolts and nut at the right torque,and making sure the wheels on your mower are true and straight,replace when needed.true art form comes when keeping your lines straight on banks and sides of hills,and over top blinding hills.best part about it .you get to try something new next week on the same lawn.