Straight Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by fairways, Apr 2, 2005.

1. fairways

fairways LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if you need a license to put down straight granular fertilizer?

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

3. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

No offense people, but if you just hooked up with lawnsite PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the search features!

I'm all for helping people out, but dang, if you have to ask this question, re-think your business plan!

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude, it is that time of year:

How do I price this?
    Do I need a license?

Recognize these threads by title and avoid them. Otherwise you'll be snapping at eevery rookie that enters the site.

5. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

No, in Indiana you don't have to have a license for granular fert, only tank mixed.

6. fairways

fairways LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, let me guess when you first started out you had all the knowledge you needed to know, you just opened the doors want went at it huh! I am not offering this service, I am just now starting to do research on such, because people have been asking me about it, the dick head lawn site is on the next page why don't you join that site!

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

just ignore them. There are some people here that think you should search for every little thing. dont worrry about them.

8. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

"but dang" ???????

9. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Fairways,
    Most of us started out learning from an experienced professional NOT by gaining knowledge from a public lawn forum. Be very careful of taking information you get here as fact. Always do your research. I would suggest spending your time calling your states Department of Agriculture to get your information verses posting basic questions here :)

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Also, since this guy is new and inexperienced, let's clarify this so there is no misunderstanding. Granular or tank mixed has NO BEARING DIFFERENCE on whether he can spray it or not. It is a matter of if it contains pesticide or not. He can mix up a million gallons of fert. in a tank, and go out and spray it until his heart is content. He CANNOT however, put a 1/2 cup of "weed and feed" in his Scott's spreader and apply it to a customer's yard.