Strange Day Yesterday...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All_Toro_4ME, Oct 12, 2007.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I pulled up to an acct to cut it and as I was leaving, the homeowners wife came out and asked me, "Do you want a cold beer?" Hmm, didn't know how that would look. I still had two more to do after hers. I took it, but when I was in her back yard blowing off the sidewalks, I opened it and poured it out and put the bottle in her trash. Certaintly didn't want the neighbors to see me drinking, working and then driving, even if it was just one beer. What would you guys have done?

2nd strange situation of the day, so I finished the other two yards and went to an acct that is past due on payment for 3 mowings trying to collect. They havent returned my phone calls, and when the phone is answered their kids answer and tell their mom who is calling and she says from across the room, I'll call him back. Never does. So I decided to go over there. When I pull up, I see husband and wife outside in the driveway fighting and arguing like there is no tomorrow. Screaming at the top of their lungs, and plenty of cussing. I tried to act like I was messing with my cell phone, looking down so it wouldnt be obvious that I was seeing what was going on. The wife stormed in the house and told her husband to **** off. I didn't feel like it was a good time to hit em up for money with all that heat going on, so I left. Guess I'll start sending the letters for payment to them certified mail....:clapping:

2. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I've had this happen to me numerous times. I always say now because I don't like beer. But one of my customers knows that I like Mikes hard lemonade. They told me to take a few. I only took 1 and cracked it open when I go in my driveway. It does feel good once in a while.

3. No Lawncares

No Lawncares LawnSite Member

I install carpet as my first job and you wouldn't belive how many things people offer me. Last week a guy we installed carpet for was leaving before we got done and told us when we finished up to grab whatever we wanted out of his refrigerator (alcohol wise) and said if we smoked theres something in the ashtray for us. He even told us to grab a lawnchair and enjoy his back yard (which is on a lake) and to lock up when finished. Yesterday we had a late day and about 8:00 pm the old dude we were installing carpet for comes out with a fifth of Jack Daniels and asks us to drink with him. I dont drink on jobs though but its nice to be asked.

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW!! No Lawncares, it amazes me how "way too nice" people are and others are... well you know. I'd rather them just throw in a good tip as oppposed to getting us to drink with them on the site.

5. No Lawncares

No Lawncares LawnSite Member

Alot of times people will ask me what I want for lunch and go get it, I dont really get many tips but from time to time we will.

6. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

i woulda taken the beer no doubt!!!!!!

7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

. .

8. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

wuts the big deal dude?

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

whats so strange about that ?

wait untill the women offers you something else, if ya catch my drift....

happens several times a year to me

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

He did take the beer!