1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Strange forms of payment

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DitchDr, Jul 22, 2010.

1. DitchDr

DitchDr LawnSite Senior Member

SO what are some forms of payment you have gotten other then cash?

So far i have been given a 98 caddy Eldorado, guy owned me 500.00 on a 1500 dollar job. Had no money so he gave me the car. It was in perfect condition. Had it sold with in 4 hours of getting it.

Next would be with cookies. Have a little old lady who is at least 90 years old. She is on a very tight budget, so every week I have a fresh batch of either choc chip or oatmeal raisin cookies. love that account lol.

I have one commercial property i take care of in exchange for discounts on crain time. Comes in handy on tree jobs.

I take care of the Gravley dealer and get credit from them each time. Kind of nice, have not had to come out of pocket for supplies at all this year.
  2. lilweeds

lilweeds LawnSite Senior Member

I have gotten a hog all cut up and ready to eat.
  3. fastpine

fastpine LawnSite Member

Shed full of a widows hubbys camping gear, hand tools, coolers, fishing rods, etc...I still got cash too!
  4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I just want cash or check. I have not gotten anything else.
  5. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

I traded a junk Bobcat for money owed for service. Used it to bring back the old 843 I got from somewhere else.
  6. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

The only customer I have that doesn't pay with money does my website maintenance for me.
  7. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've gotten a push mower for picking up a couple of bags of mulch for a neighbor and an edger for mowing for another neighbor while they were away.
  8. jdutcher003

jdutcher003 LawnSite Member

how come a mower dealer cant mow there own lawn...
  9. DitchDr

DitchDr LawnSite Senior Member

Dont know, but its 75.00 dollars every week and takes less then 30 min. Lot of weed eating tho.
  10. Total Grounds Maintenance

Total Grounds Maintenance LawnSite Member

Did a stone wall and mulch job. Guy said if I do it over the weekend to suprise his wife he would throw in a brand new never shot TC Omega muzzle loader. Did it ASAP and finished on a Sunday night. I am using it in an elk hunt next year.