Strange forms of payment

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DitchDr, Jul 22, 2010.

1. rollinrock

rollinrock LawnSite Member

I think I would trad a different service if that was my website. Is it working for you?
  2. Southern Elegance

Southern Elegance LawnSite Member

bmw 525.... ford windstar... and little wonder push blower....

got a tab at restaurant a while ago so free food :cool2:to bad they went outa business
  4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I had a guy who had paid to have his kids $6000 playset moved from Cali to Texas. He wasn't savvy enough to put the thing back together and now he was moving back to Cali. I traded a days landscape labor for a $6000 playset. I had to replace some redwood lumber in a few spots and do some sanding but that was about it. This playset has turbo slides, straight slides, multiple decks and the whole nine yards.
  5. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

Over the years, two push mowers, One Craftsman blower, still keep it as a backup. Traded the mowers for some some work on my tiller. Probably came out +$100. Be careful with this, as you cannot pay you bills with barter.
  6. AnotherOkie

AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla

Got a 16' trailer from another lco who owed me some $. I have a widow lady who pays me in taco mayo and applebee's giftcards for spraying and had a guy give me a k98 mauser and lee press after he paid me.
  7. AnotherOkie

AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla

Also traded a month of mowing at the inlaws lake house for a squirt and fert of the neighbors house. I hate mowing when I go to the lake, so I like that deal.
  8. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

I've been paid with meat before.
  9. Envi-Lawn

Envi-Lawn LawnSite Member
    from CT

I was offered a week vacation in a condo on Cape Cod, Mass. for a 6 step fert program, 12,000 sq. ft. The lawn is in my hometown, the condo is the guys vacation home, 200 mi. away. Been goin' back for 9 yrs. straight.

10. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

Mowed my girlfriends parents place..... Got a wife