Strange phone call

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by topsites, Jun 13, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I get this call the other day inquiring about prices on grass-cutting...

First, I don't like quotes over the phone, lady had no idea how large the lot was but told me she lived off Charter Colony on Gorham Ct... I said most houses in that area are 1/4 acre and would run 30-35 dollars. Thank you, she said, I'll call you back when I need something.

I checked this out, never found a Gorham Court on mapquest or any place else, thou a reverse phone turned up a 1/2 million dollar home on a 1 acre lot on the other end of the county.

I'm half tempted to send them a bill for a consulting fee, but I guess we just gotta let crazy be crazy, other than I am sure there was a real reason for the spiel.

2. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe she called from the 1/2 million dollar home and she lives where she said. Or maybe she was calling on behalf of someone else.

Do you guys really charge for phone estimates? Did you tell her what the "consulting fee" was at the beginning of the conversation?

3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

You think thats bad, I had a lady ask me for a quote, I left one for her in her mail box, she phoned me back and said go ahead, weekly customer. I told her I would be there next week (she lives next door to a customer of mine) she said fine.

She called me the day before to make sure I said fine..... I get there and the son says oh my mom was only worried that it wouldn't get done because I was so busy so we don't need you.:rolleyes:

WHat a waste of time, she was using me to motivate her son or she's just stupid. I give that son dirty looks the last couple times I mowed there neighbours lawn.