1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Strange posting on Craigslist

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scagguy, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone seen anything like this before?

fuel free lawn service / help make a difference

Reply to: see below
    Date: 2007-04-30, 11:42AM CDT

we are a company that offers an emision free alternative to maintaining your lawn. We use 100% man-powered equipment such as reel mowers and push edgers along with an asorted number of other tools to tackle most any lawn. No job is too small and we will travel all over the austin area.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

License info: Unlicensed
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Obviously they don't have the money to buy "real" equipment. So they put the "Eco-Friendly" spin on it.
  3. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

Next they will be using electric mowers. Hope they can get a cord reel big enough to reach their jobs.
  4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

haha I guess they really want to cut gas out of their overhead costs. I wouldn't know what to do with all the extra money in the account if I didn't have to pay for all the gas I use every month.
  5. NMS0219

Just think If you did not spend the money on gas you would be spending it on icey hot. The best part of all of it is, is that they are most likely driving around town in a 70 something 1 ton gas guzzler.
  6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Haha, I can see the rig now... black smoke billowing from the tail pipes, with a big sign saying, "We won't use gas while mowing your lawn... but our truck gets 8 feet to the gallon!"
  7. NMS0219

you forgot the huge cord reel with like 50,000 feet of cord mounted in the back for when they go to the electric mower option.
  8. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It makes perfect sense if you can find enough customers that are willing to pay the premium for a "Green" lawn service. If you are the only guy in town that offers that type of service and the customer really wants it you can charge almost anything you want.
  10. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

You'd better be able to, he's going to have to charge like it's going out of style to make money pushing a 17" reel mower and a hand edger around.